Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Shortcuts Can’t Be Downloaded

I am currently unable to download any 3rd party iOS shortcut on either iPhone or iPad (e.g. TVDL, any others). I am running the most current version of iOS and iPadOS 16. No matter the source or the shortcut, I immediately receive the error “Can’t connect to the Gallery”. Image below. I’ve tried all easy/initial steps such as deleting and reinstalling the Shortcuts app, powering off my devices and restarting, and turning iCloud off and back on. Nothing makes a difference. Any input or guidance would be appreciated.

iPad Pro (6th generation)

Posted on Jul 9, 2023 7:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2023 7:22 AM

While it may appear counterintuitive, your WiFi Router may be unexpectedly blocking internet access for some internet resources and not others.

A restart of your WiFi Router may clear the connection issue.

To restart you home router, disconnect power - then wait at least 30 seconds before restarting. When you router has rebooted (which may take several minutes), force-restart your iPad:

Force restart iPad (models with Face ID or with Touch ID in the top button)

If your iPad doesn’t have the Home button, do the following:

1. Press and quickly release the volume button nearest to the top button.
  2. Press and quickly release the volume button farthest from the top button.
  3. Press and hold the top button.
  4. When the Apple logo appears, release the top button.

Force restart iPad (models with the Home button)

Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2023 7:22 AM in response to Spartans2000

While it may appear counterintuitive, your WiFi Router may be unexpectedly blocking internet access for some internet resources and not others.

A restart of your WiFi Router may clear the connection issue.

To restart you home router, disconnect power - then wait at least 30 seconds before restarting. When you router has rebooted (which may take several minutes), force-restart your iPad:

Force restart iPad (models with Face ID or with Touch ID in the top button)

If your iPad doesn’t have the Home button, do the following:

1. Press and quickly release the volume button nearest to the top button.
  2. Press and quickly release the volume button farthest from the top button.
  3. Press and hold the top button.
  4. When the Apple logo appears, release the top button.

Force restart iPad (models with the Home button)

Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.

Shortcuts Can’t Be Downloaded

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.