You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screentime on child's Apple Watch

We used Family Setup to set up my son's Apple Watch using my spouse's iPhone. My son also has an iPad associated with his Apple ID. Before he got the Apple Watch, we used Screen Time to limit the content he could access on the iPad. The same content restrictions are not carrying over to the Apple Watch -- he can use Siri to pull up videos or web results, for example. We have been unable to stop this.

In the Watch app, the Screen Time option just redirects us to Settings > Screen Time. (It says: "Screen Time is where you go to manage parental controls for all of your children's devices. Get insights about your family members' creen time and set limits for what you want to manage. Go to Screen Time Settings.")

In Screen Time settings, there are no Watch specific settings, the data that is reported is for the iPad, and the restrictions do not carry over to the Apple Watch.

Please help! I am usually pretty good with this stuff, but I am at a loss for what we are supposed to do. Thank you!

Posted on Jul 9, 2023 8:54 PM

2 replies

Jul 10, 2023 1:11 AM in response to Aha_1_2_3

The screen time settings whilst setting up your child's watch apply to the watch. They would not show as watch specific. The restrictions would mostly be in the Content and Privacy Restrictions section.

You may be better having an Apple rep work through this with you.

You should be able to reach them here  Click here > Contact - Official Apple Support  or phone numbers  Click here > Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support   or Click here > Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple 

Screentime on child's Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.