help hacked

have i been hacked i clicked on a random website it said my vpn had been hacked and to download something immediately so i crossed out the tab i can’t sleep knowing i may be hacked

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 9, 2023 8:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2023 12:52 PM

Hacked? No. That was an advertisement, advertising a sketchy product you don’t need to badly solve a problem you don’t have. If you were actually hacked, the advertiser wouldn’t be trying to get you to install some app. Oh, and websites cannot scan your iPhone. Local apps can’t even do that.

Lots of scams and ads around:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

PS: iPhone is not immune to hacking, but it’s been both rare and targeted, based on the available information.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2023 12:52 PM in response to mollyvv

Hacked? No. That was an advertisement, advertising a sketchy product you don’t need to badly solve a problem you don’t have. If you were actually hacked, the advertiser wouldn’t be trying to get you to install some app. Oh, and websites cannot scan your iPhone. Local apps can’t even do that.

Lots of scams and ads around:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

PS: iPhone is not immune to hacking, but it’s been both rare and targeted, based on the available information.

Jul 11, 2023 1:13 PM in response to mollyvv

Don't fall for scams that claim that they have "detected" a virus or other problem on your phone. They are trying to trick you into buying useless software or worse......provide personal information to make it easier for the bad guys to try to get into your personal data.

Bottom line.....your phone is not hacked unless you unlocked it and gave it to someone for a few hours.

help hacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.