Photos not syncing

Not all of my iPhone photos are syncing to the Cloud. I have a brand new phone and the latest iOS update It says it’s syncing but the number 1498 hasn’t budged all day. I just took a 2 week vacation and really want to access and download all my photos. Very frustrating.

iPhone 14 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 9, 2023 10:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2023 2:29 AM

Is there an additional message in Photos, besides the number of photos still to upload? For example "paused"?

Then Photos might be trying to save battery.

Do you have enough free cloud storage? The upload to iCloud may be paused, if you are runningout of storage in iCloud.

Make sure the iphone is connected to a power supply and to Wi-Fi, and unlocked and give it time to upload the photos. Click "Sync Now", if you are seeing a "paused" message.

See here for more things to check: If your iCloud Photos aren't syncing to your device - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2023 2:29 AM in response to mabelsings

Is there an additional message in Photos, besides the number of photos still to upload? For example "paused"?

Then Photos might be trying to save battery.

Do you have enough free cloud storage? The upload to iCloud may be paused, if you are runningout of storage in iCloud.

Make sure the iphone is connected to a power supply and to Wi-Fi, and unlocked and give it time to upload the photos. Click "Sync Now", if you are seeing a "paused" message.

See here for more things to check: If your iCloud Photos aren't syncing to your device - Apple Support

Jul 10, 2023 4:47 AM in response to léonie

Thanks for your reply. The phone says that it’s syncing, although every once in a while I check it and it has paused. I think it’s after I’ve viewed photos or videos. Yes, I have plenty of storage (2 TB), but it’s not always plugged. Should it have to be? I do always have WiFi connected. It seemed to have uploaded some pics last night while I was sleeping and kept it plugged in, but it was locked. Does it have to be unlocked in order to sync?

Jul 10, 2023 5:16 AM in response to mabelsings

When you see the upload is paused, plug the iPhone in and see what will happen.Give it time to complete the syncing while connected to Wi-Fi and a power source.

The user guide does not mention if the iPhone should be locked or unlocked for syncing; I am unlocking it occasionally to ensure that the syncing is not paused.

Photos not syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.