Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

How do I fix the Face ID problem? How much will it cost?

iPhone X, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 10, 2023 5:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2023 5:58 AM

The link on top of this page which you had visited, before posting this question here, is shown under the "Related Article” that may have given you an answer.

You need to mention which part of the article was not clear to you.

If you still need help, reset Face ID, then set it up again. Go to Settings, tap Face ID & Passcode, then tap Reset Face ID. Next tap Set up Face ID to set it up again.

If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro

If your iPhone has a history of Camera replacement / Repair / Service from an un-authorised service provider then it is possible that Apple may refuse to service your iPhone if it has been previously serviced by an unauthorized service center.

Get a Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Contact Genius Bar.

Manage Reservations - My Reservations - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2023 5:58 AM in response to AndiMcK

The link on top of this page which you had visited, before posting this question here, is shown under the "Related Article” that may have given you an answer.

You need to mention which part of the article was not clear to you.

If you still need help, reset Face ID, then set it up again. Go to Settings, tap Face ID & Passcode, then tap Reset Face ID. Next tap Set up Face ID to set it up again.

If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro

If your iPhone has a history of Camera replacement / Repair / Service from an un-authorised service provider then it is possible that Apple may refuse to service your iPhone if it has been previously serviced by an unauthorized service center.

Get a Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Contact Genius Bar.

Manage Reservations - My Reservations - Apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.