I want to register a new ipad

How can I register a new ipad?

Posted on Jul 10, 2023 2:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2023 4:40 PM

There is no “registration” procedure. When setting-up your new iPad (or any Apple device) with your AppleID, the device is automatically associated with your AppleID account.

That’s it - it’s now “registered” to you (or more accurately, to your AppleID).

If you also enable Find My iPad, this ensures that the iPad remains associated with your AppleID - and if lost or stolen, the iPad can located and remotely wiped if necessary. This is the Activation Lock - that remains forever active until you remove it, preventing reuse by anyone other than you:

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2023 4:40 PM in response to Davomcp

There is no “registration” procedure. When setting-up your new iPad (or any Apple device) with your AppleID, the device is automatically associated with your AppleID account.

That’s it - it’s now “registered” to you (or more accurately, to your AppleID).

If you also enable Find My iPad, this ensures that the iPad remains associated with your AppleID - and if lost or stolen, the iPad can located and remotely wiped if necessary. This is the Activation Lock - that remains forever active until you remove it, preventing reuse by anyone other than you:

Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

I want to register a new ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.