Just upgraded OS on MacBookAir and have Safari version Version 16.5.2 (a) (18615.2.9.11.9),

FB says my browser is not supported. I deleted all history to clear and managed to sign in to FB and know my FB page is 1/2 the size and centered.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jul 10, 2023 3:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2023 6:30 AM

Known issue. Apple has removed the update as of this morning. You can back out of the update if you wish but for me personally I value the security patch more than accessing Facebook (which you can always do using a third party browser).

https://www.macrumors.com/how-to/disable-rapid-security-response-updates-mac/

6 replies

Jul 11, 2023 6:51 AM in response to lkrupp

In the meantime you can change the User Agent to another browser and it will work. The issue can also be solved by Facebook allowing version 16.5.2(a) or Apple reverting the User Agent to the previous one. The User Agent setting does not affect security and is used by websites to identify the browser used. To temporarily change your User Agent in Safari:

• Enable the Develop Menu by going to Safari > Settings > Advanced > Show Develop Menu in menu bar.
  • Then go to Safari > Develop > User Agent > Safari - iPad OS 16.4 iPad

Once the issue is resolved by Facebook/Apple, I recommend changing this setting back to Automatic.

Just upgraded OS on MacBookAir and have Safari version Version 16.5.2 (a) (18615.2.9.11.9),

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.