You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to set up a Child account under my Apple ID

I am unable to set up a child account under my family sharing or Apple ID I’ve tried numerous times without success

Posted on Jul 10, 2023 7:55 PM

2 replies

Jul 11, 2023 4:41 PM in response to Teresapid

Hello Teresapid,

We would like to see how we can help you with creating an Apple ID for your child. We see that you came to us from the article titled "Create an Apple ID for your child - Apple Support".

Were you able to complete the specific steps below?

"How to create an Apple ID for your child

Children under 13 can't create an Apple ID on their own. (This age varies by region.) But if you're the family organizer or a guardian, you can create an Apple ID for your child.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

To verify that you're an adult, you need a credit card. On your iPhone, you can also use a driver's license or state ID added to Wallet where available.

In iOS 16 or iPadOS 16 or later

1. Go to Settings > Family. 
  2. Tap the Add Member button .

The Add Member button is in the upper right corner of your screen.

3.Tap Create Child Account, then tap Continue.

Create Child Account is just below Invite Others.

4.Enter the child's name and birth date. Be sure to enter the correct birth date — you can't change it later.

5.Follow the onscreen instructions to finish setting up the account. For your child's Apple ID, you can use their email address, the suggested @icloud.com address, or their Game Center nickname."

If you went through those steps and the issue persists, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support for further assistance.

Get Support

Cheers!

Unable to set up a Child account under my Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.