MacBook Pro 13 not charging

My MacBook Pro 13 turns on to the login window and when I put in my password, it automatically dies. Just bought a new charger cable AND port (67W) but still doesn’t work. When it’s shut down and shut closed, it makes charging noise every few seconds but won’t be charging. Then it turns back on and does the same cycle when I try to login. Anyone know what the issue could be? I’m assuming it’s the laptop that’s having issues. Wondering how much $$ this will cost me.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Jul 10, 2023 7:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2023 1:47 AM

It sounds like you're experiencing some issues with your MacBook Pro 13. Here are some suggestions you can try to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Reset the SMC (System Management Controller): Resetting the SMC can often resolve power-related issues.

2. Check for software issues: It's possible that a software problem is causing the unexpected shutdowns. Try booting your MacBook Pro into Safe Mode by holding down the Shift key while starting up.

3. Try a different user account: Create a new user account and see if the issue persists when logging in with the new account. This can help determine if the problem is specific to your user account or more widespread.

4. Boot into Recovery Mode: Restart your MacBook Pro and hold down the Command (⌘) and R keys simultaneously to boot into Recovery Mode. From there, you can run Disk Utility to check and repair any potential disk errors.

5. Raise an issue to Apple: If the issue persists after trying the above steps, it's recommended to contact Apple Support or make an appointment at an Apple Store or authorized service provider.

Remember to back up your important data regularly to avoid potential data loss during troubleshooting or repairs.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2023 1:47 AM in response to Kimmacbook13

It sounds like you're experiencing some issues with your MacBook Pro 13. Here are some suggestions you can try to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Reset the SMC (System Management Controller): Resetting the SMC can often resolve power-related issues.

2. Check for software issues: It's possible that a software problem is causing the unexpected shutdowns. Try booting your MacBook Pro into Safe Mode by holding down the Shift key while starting up.

3. Try a different user account: Create a new user account and see if the issue persists when logging in with the new account. This can help determine if the problem is specific to your user account or more widespread.

4. Boot into Recovery Mode: Restart your MacBook Pro and hold down the Command (⌘) and R keys simultaneously to boot into Recovery Mode. From there, you can run Disk Utility to check and repair any potential disk errors.

5. Raise an issue to Apple: If the issue persists after trying the above steps, it's recommended to contact Apple Support or make an appointment at an Apple Store or authorized service provider.

Remember to back up your important data regularly to avoid potential data loss during troubleshooting or repairs.

MacBook Pro 13 not charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.