I got water in my phone and it blocked my front camera and that’s why my Face ID stopped working

My Face ID won’t work because I got water in my front camera but I had it removed and it still won’t work

Posted on Jul 10, 2023 7:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2023 6:08 PM

It makes sense to make an appointment to avoid waiting since there may be limited support opening at a Genius Bar, but I don't think the pandemic policy of having to make an appointment for anything in an Apple Store is still in effect.

Go to this page to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Apple Authorized Distributor (AAD) --> Find Locations

How to make a Genius Bar appointment

1. Go to Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

2. Go to "Get hardware help".

3. Select your hardware and continue selecting options requiring replacing parts until you see "Bring in for Repair"

4. Sign in with your Apple ID

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2023 6:08 PM in response to leilah196

It makes sense to make an appointment to avoid waiting since there may be limited support opening at a Genius Bar, but I don't think the pandemic policy of having to make an appointment for anything in an Apple Store is still in effect.

Go to this page to find your nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) or Apple Authorized Distributor (AAD) --> Find Locations

How to make a Genius Bar appointment

1. Go to Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

2. Go to "Get hardware help".

3. Select your hardware and continue selecting options requiring replacing parts until you see "Bring in for Repair"

4. Sign in with your Apple ID

I got water in my phone and it blocked my front camera and that’s why my Face ID stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.