Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

iPhone Photos Deleting when iCloud Photos are deleted. Don't want the iPhone Photos to be deleted.

I want to delete/remove all the photos on my iCloud but when I deleted some photos they were also deleted on my iPhone.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 11, 2023 2:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2023 2:22 PM

That is not possible with iCloud Phot Library. It is designed for syncing so if you do anything in one place, it does the same on iCloud and every device with iCloud Photo Library on.

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

"iCloud Photos automatically keeps every photo and video you take in iCloud, so you can access your library from any device, anytime you want. Any changes you make to your collection on one device change on your other devices too. "

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2023 2:22 PM in response to Ahmad-0772

That is not possible with iCloud Phot Library. It is designed for syncing so if you do anything in one place, it does the same on iCloud and every device with iCloud Photo Library on.

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

"iCloud Photos automatically keeps every photo and video you take in iCloud, so you can access your library from any device, anytime you want. Any changes you make to your collection on one device change on your other devices too. "

iPhone Photos Deleting when iCloud Photos are deleted. Don't want the iPhone Photos to be deleted.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.