I have an iPad Pro 11” 3rd Gen, and there is no On/Off toggle button for Center Stage in my FaceTime settings. I’m using iOS 16.5.1, what do I do?

I have an iPad Pro 11” 3rd Gen, and Apple says that it’s supported on my device,

But there is no On/Off toggle button for Center Stage in my FaceTime settings, like LifeHacker shows *****

I’m using iOS 16.5.1, and I’ve tried everything **** what do I do?

[Link Edited by Moderator]

iPad Pro (3rd generation)

Posted on Jul 11, 2023 12:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2023 6:54 AM

The reason you don't see it in FaceTime settings is because that's not where it is. It is in the Control Center while you are on a call.

From the article you linked to:

How to turn on or turn off Center Stage

1. During a video call in FaceTime, or when using video in a compatible app, open Control Center by swiping down from the top-right edge of your screen on iPad, or click the Control Center icon  in the menu bar on Mac.

1. Tap or click the Video Effects button .
  2. Tap or click the Center Stage button  to turn it on or off.

On iPad, you can also control Center Stage during a FaceTime call by tapping the video thumbnail of yourself, then tapping the Center Stage button

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2023 6:54 AM in response to rick268

The reason you don't see it in FaceTime settings is because that's not where it is. It is in the Control Center while you are on a call.

From the article you linked to:

How to turn on or turn off Center Stage

1. During a video call in FaceTime, or when using video in a compatible app, open Control Center by swiping down from the top-right edge of your screen on iPad, or click the Control Center icon  in the menu bar on Mac.

1. Tap or click the Video Effects button .
  2. Tap or click the Center Stage button  to turn it on or off.

On iPad, you can also control Center Stage during a FaceTime call by tapping the video thumbnail of yourself, then tapping the Center Stage button

I have an iPad Pro 11” 3rd Gen, and there is no On/Off toggle button for Center Stage in my FaceTime settings. I’m using iOS 16.5.1, what do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.