How to connect Apple Watch to new iPhone

My Apple Watch is connected to old iPhone and it won’t pair with the new iPhone? What can I do?

iPhone 13

Posted on Jul 11, 2023 1:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2023 2:23 PM

First, unpair it from your previous iPhone

If you have the paired iPhone, unpair your Apple Watch:

1. Open the Watch app on your iPhone, tap the My Watch tab, then tap All Watches at the top of the screen.
  2. Tap the "i" button  next to the watch that you want to unpair, then tap Unpair Apple Watch.
  3. Tap again to confirm, then wait for the watch to unpair.
  4. After Apple Watch unpairs, you can pair again.

Erase Apple Watch without the paired iPhone

If you can't unpair Apple Watch because you don't have its paired iPhone, you can erase the watch.

When you erase Apple Watch instead of unpairing it, the watch is still protected by Activation Lock. Before you can pair Apple Watch again, enter the Apple ID and password that was used to set it up.

1. Open the Settings app on your watch, then tap General > Reset.
  2. Tap Erase All Content and Settings, then tap again to confirm.
  3. Wait for the watch to unpair.
  4. After Apple Watch unpairs completely, you can pair again. You'll need the Apple ID and password that were used to set up the watch.

Then attempt to pair again

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2023 2:23 PM in response to nc193

First, unpair it from your previous iPhone

If you have the paired iPhone, unpair your Apple Watch:

1. Open the Watch app on your iPhone, tap the My Watch tab, then tap All Watches at the top of the screen.
  2. Tap the "i" button  next to the watch that you want to unpair, then tap Unpair Apple Watch.
  3. Tap again to confirm, then wait for the watch to unpair.
  4. After Apple Watch unpairs, you can pair again.

Erase Apple Watch without the paired iPhone

If you can't unpair Apple Watch because you don't have its paired iPhone, you can erase the watch.

When you erase Apple Watch instead of unpairing it, the watch is still protected by Activation Lock. Before you can pair Apple Watch again, enter the Apple ID and password that was used to set it up.

1. Open the Settings app on your watch, then tap General > Reset.
  2. Tap Erase All Content and Settings, then tap again to confirm.
  3. Wait for the watch to unpair.
  4. After Apple Watch unpairs completely, you can pair again. You'll need the Apple ID and password that were used to set up the watch.

Then attempt to pair again

How to connect Apple Watch to new iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.