My watch version 9.5.2 model A2352 will not turn on when I raise my wrist, I have everything turned on

My watch version 9.5.2 model A2352 will not turn on when I raise my wrist, I have everything turned on.

Apple Watch Series 2, watchOS 6

Posted on Jul 11, 2023 2:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2023 11:33 AM

Hello bmylenek,

Thank you for posting to Apple Support Communities.

We understand your Apple Watch is not waking upon wrist raise as expected. We can help.

Make sure that you're not using theatre mode. Take a look here:

"Wake the Apple Watch display

By default, you can wake the Apple Watch display in these ways:

• Raise your wrist. Your Apple Watch sleeps again when you lower your wrist.
  • Tap the display or press the Digital Crown.
  • Turn the Digital Crown upward.

If you don’t want your Apple Watch to wake when you raise your wrist or turn the Digital Crown, open the Settings app on your Apple Watch, go to Display & Brightness, then turn off Wake on Wrist Raise and Wake On Crown Rotation.

Tip: To temporarily prevent your Apple Watch from waking when you raise your wrist, use theater mode.

If your Apple Watch doesn’t wake when you raise your wrist, make sure you selected the proper wrist and watch orientation. If your Apple Watch doesn’t wake when you tap the display or press or turn the Digital Crown, it may need charging."

Turn on and wake Apple Watch - Apple Support

That should help. Let us know if you have any questions.

Take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2023 11:33 AM in response to bmylenek

Hello bmylenek,

Thank you for posting to Apple Support Communities.

We understand your Apple Watch is not waking upon wrist raise as expected. We can help.

Make sure that you're not using theatre mode. Take a look here:

"Wake the Apple Watch display

By default, you can wake the Apple Watch display in these ways:

• Raise your wrist. Your Apple Watch sleeps again when you lower your wrist.
  • Tap the display or press the Digital Crown.
  • Turn the Digital Crown upward.

If you don’t want your Apple Watch to wake when you raise your wrist or turn the Digital Crown, open the Settings app on your Apple Watch, go to Display & Brightness, then turn off Wake on Wrist Raise and Wake On Crown Rotation.

Tip: To temporarily prevent your Apple Watch from waking when you raise your wrist, use theater mode.

If your Apple Watch doesn’t wake when you raise your wrist, make sure you selected the proper wrist and watch orientation. If your Apple Watch doesn’t wake when you tap the display or press or turn the Digital Crown, it may need charging."

Turn on and wake Apple Watch - Apple Support

That should help. Let us know if you have any questions.

Take care.

My watch version 9.5.2 model A2352 will not turn on when I raise my wrist, I have everything turned on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.