When asking Siri a question it activates but I do not hear it. My volume is turned up high. How can I fix this

When asking Siri a question it activates but I do not hear it. My volume is turned up high. How can I fix this

Posted on Jul 11, 2023 4:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2023 4:22 PM

If you're experiencing an issue where Siri activates but you can't hear its response, there are a few potential solutions you can try:

1. Check your iPhone's Silent Mode: Ensure that your iPhone is not in Silent Mode or Do Not Disturb mode, as this can mute Siri's responses. You can toggle the Silent Mode switch on the side of your iPhone or access the Control Center to disable Do Not Disturb.

2. Adjust volume settings: Verify that the volume on your iPhone is turned up by pressing the volume buttons on the side of your device. You can also check the volume level in the Control Center by swiping down from the top-right corner on an iPhone with Face ID or swiping up from the bottom on an iPhone with a Home button. Additionally, ensure that the volume for Siri is not set to a low level by adjusting it in the Siri & Search settings.

3. Check audio output settings: Confirm that your iPhone is set to the correct audio output. You can do this by going to Settings > Bluetooth and making sure that no external Bluetooth devices are connected. If you're using headphones, try disconnecting them and see if Siri's response is audible through the built-in speaker.

4. Restart your iPhone: A simple restart can resolve various software issues. Try restarting your iPhone by powering it off and then turning it back on. This can often clear out any temporary glitches affecting Siri's audio.

5. Reset Siri settings: If the issue persists, you can reset Siri's settings. Go to Settings > Siri & Search and tap on "Siri & Dictation History." Then, select "Delete Siri & Dictation History" to reset the Siri settings. Keep in mind that this will remove your Siri and dictation history across all devices signed in with your Apple ID.

6. Update iOS: Ensure that your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS. Apple frequently releases updates that address bugs and improve overall performance, so updating your device's software may resolve the issue you're experiencing.

If none of these steps resolve the problem, it may be helpful to contact Apple Support or visit an Apple Store for further assistance.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2023 4:22 PM in response to TammyMeche

If you're experiencing an issue where Siri activates but you can't hear its response, there are a few potential solutions you can try:

1. Check your iPhone's Silent Mode: Ensure that your iPhone is not in Silent Mode or Do Not Disturb mode, as this can mute Siri's responses. You can toggle the Silent Mode switch on the side of your iPhone or access the Control Center to disable Do Not Disturb.

2. Adjust volume settings: Verify that the volume on your iPhone is turned up by pressing the volume buttons on the side of your device. You can also check the volume level in the Control Center by swiping down from the top-right corner on an iPhone with Face ID or swiping up from the bottom on an iPhone with a Home button. Additionally, ensure that the volume for Siri is not set to a low level by adjusting it in the Siri & Search settings.

3. Check audio output settings: Confirm that your iPhone is set to the correct audio output. You can do this by going to Settings > Bluetooth and making sure that no external Bluetooth devices are connected. If you're using headphones, try disconnecting them and see if Siri's response is audible through the built-in speaker.

4. Restart your iPhone: A simple restart can resolve various software issues. Try restarting your iPhone by powering it off and then turning it back on. This can often clear out any temporary glitches affecting Siri's audio.

5. Reset Siri settings: If the issue persists, you can reset Siri's settings. Go to Settings > Siri & Search and tap on "Siri & Dictation History." Then, select "Delete Siri & Dictation History" to reset the Siri settings. Keep in mind that this will remove your Siri and dictation history across all devices signed in with your Apple ID.

6. Update iOS: Ensure that your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS. Apple frequently releases updates that address bugs and improve overall performance, so updating your device's software may resolve the issue you're experiencing.

If none of these steps resolve the problem, it may be helpful to contact Apple Support or visit an Apple Store for further assistance.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.