Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

What does Phishing mean?is there a off button or how does it work ?

What does phishing mean ?and how do I get it off on my iPhone?

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 11, 2023 8:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2023 8:35 PM

Hello Sunshineisgreat!

Phishing- the practice of tricking Internet users (as through the use of deceptive email messages or websites) into revealing personal or confidential information which can then be used illicitly.

Please read this Support Article, too: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support.

If there were a button, whoever created the button would get a Nobel Peace Prize.

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2023 8:35 PM in response to Sunshineisgreat

Hello Sunshineisgreat!

Phishing- the practice of tricking Internet users (as through the use of deceptive email messages or websites) into revealing personal or confidential information which can then be used illicitly.

Please read this Support Article, too: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support.

If there were a button, whoever created the button would get a Nobel Peace Prize.

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

What does Phishing mean?is there a off button or how does it work ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.