iMac display/lcd has a horizontal lines colored according to the color displayed by the screen

my iMac 21.5 inch late 2009 ati radeon 4670 screen has a horizontal lines after update to macOS el capitan from snow leopard. and now has shadow on the screen after update to High Sierra. Btw, the flat line is colored according to the color displayed by the screen. Is the gpu or led problem? when i take a screenshot the picture is normal. how to fix that?

This the preview.

iMac, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 12, 2023 2:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2023 6:23 AM

ghoys wrote:

when i take a screenshot the picture is normal. how to fix that?

From your description and screenshots, the LED display panel is failing.

The only fix it, is to replace the LED display panel which will cost more than the iMac is worth.

Because the 2009 iMac is 13+ years old, your best bet is to replace it with a new or newer model iMac.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2023 6:23 AM in response to ghoys

ghoys wrote:

when i take a screenshot the picture is normal. how to fix that?

From your description and screenshots, the LED display panel is failing.

The only fix it, is to replace the LED display panel which will cost more than the iMac is worth.

Because the 2009 iMac is 13+ years old, your best bet is to replace it with a new or newer model iMac.

iMac display/lcd has a horizontal lines colored according to the color displayed by the screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.