Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Apple health activity snd active energy data

I am using my iPhone (12 with up to date software) only so this does not refer to an Apple Watch as most questions and answers also have a watch to add to the mix.

I use the step counter in it and have been looking at the health data for activity and active energy which are the same when I am just using steps.

I go to the gym and so I can either manually add the total calories to active energy, in which case it adds to both activity and active energy (usually, it has had its blips), or chose to import it, in which case it adds into Activity but not Active energy, so my activity (move) is much higher than my activity energy. One of the machines isn’t linked to the app so I have to add that manually, so I end up with activity being step calories plus the gym app, then active energy being steps plus the manually added one but not one area that just has everything.

I could just manually add it all, or work out the difference and just know what my actual true active energy is but surely this is something that the software should be able to resolve?

I realise as the gym app is another aspect to this that could be to blame but shouldn’t the Apple software realise that activity shouldn’t be higher than energy? I’m not sure why they are different measurements anyway.

iPhone 12

Posted on Jul 12, 2023 1:04 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Apple health activity snd active energy data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.