how to make a new apple id

how to secure my apple id

Posted on Jul 13, 2023 5:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2023 6:08 AM

Hello JohndeDenzelle,

These are two separate questions.

This is not recommended by anyone or Apple. You will never need a new Apple ID and everything you do and save is linked to one. If you want to change your Apple ID use the following support page instead of creating a new one - Change your Apple ID - Apple Support!

Your Apple devices are already pretty secure. Why are you questioning the security? Did something happen recently?

The biggest threat to you, is a weak password! I'd recommend creating a strong, unique, random password that you will remember - Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support. When changing your Apple ID password, please make sure to log out of all devices using your Apple ID.

If you're concerned about security and privacy, I'd recommend Safety Check! From here you can revoke access given to people and apps. You will also be able to see everything signed into your Apple ID (and log them out if necessary), and change your Apple ID password.

1. Open Settings
  2. Scroll down and tap on Privacy & Security
  3. Scroll down and tap on Safety Check
  4. Tap Manage Sharing & Access
    1. If you want to start over, tap Emergency Reset. This will reset all security and privacy settings and everyone and every app will need to re request access before using it (such as Location and Camera).

How Safety Check on iPhone works to keep you safe - Apple Support

I hope this helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2023 6:08 AM in response to JohndeDenzelle

Hello JohndeDenzelle,

These are two separate questions.

This is not recommended by anyone or Apple. You will never need a new Apple ID and everything you do and save is linked to one. If you want to change your Apple ID use the following support page instead of creating a new one - Change your Apple ID - Apple Support!

Your Apple devices are already pretty secure. Why are you questioning the security? Did something happen recently?

The biggest threat to you, is a weak password! I'd recommend creating a strong, unique, random password that you will remember - Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support. When changing your Apple ID password, please make sure to log out of all devices using your Apple ID.

If you're concerned about security and privacy, I'd recommend Safety Check! From here you can revoke access given to people and apps. You will also be able to see everything signed into your Apple ID (and log them out if necessary), and change your Apple ID password.

1. Open Settings
  2. Scroll down and tap on Privacy & Security
  3. Scroll down and tap on Safety Check
  4. Tap Manage Sharing & Access
    1. If you want to start over, tap Emergency Reset. This will reset all security and privacy settings and everyone and every app will need to re request access before using it (such as Location and Camera).

How Safety Check on iPhone works to keep you safe - Apple Support

I hope this helps!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.