Apple deleted my Apple Music library

I got back from Apple Support, apparently, Apple intentionally delete users’s Apple Music library after a period of time of subscription lapse, and now, I have to add thousands of songs/albums back to my Apple Music library! Do you think I have perfect memory or such effort? it just works huh?

I trusted Apple and naively thought that Apple would keep my iCloud data safe and secure! Music library and playlist are user’s assets! (not the song itself), just like photo, where you don’t necessarily own anything IN a photo, but you still do own the photo.

I suspect Apple did this deliberately to force users to keep subscribing, Apple purposely don’t show you your song library after your subscription have expired to prevent you from switching to Spotify, but their strategy have backfired, I have always loved Apple Music for its aesthetic and attention to detail, but now I will have to switch to Spotify.

Posted on Jul 13, 2023 7:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2023 7:37 AM

I assume you are talking about purchased or uploaded songs added to your Music Library. Using the Apple Music subscription you can download songs to your Library, but when cancelling, those songs will be deleted as well as the playlists created that included songs from the Apple Music subscription.

Similar questions

1 reply

Apple deleted my Apple Music library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.