Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

How do I remove duplicate photos and videos from my iPhone

How do I remove duplicate photos or videos on my iPhone

iPhone 13 mini, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 13, 2023 7:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2023 11:32 AM

Give photos plenty of time to scan your Photos Library for duplicates. Keep the iphone connected to a power source and the internet while you are not using it.

Once Photos has scanned all your photos you should be seeing a Duplicates album.

Then you can merge the detected duplicates automatically as described here: Find and delete duplicate photos and videos on iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

This feature is only available in iOS 16.1 or later, and it may take several days or even weeks before the Duplicates album will appear.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2023 11:32 AM in response to Myphotosvideoduplicates

Give photos plenty of time to scan your Photos Library for duplicates. Keep the iphone connected to a power source and the internet while you are not using it.

Once Photos has scanned all your photos you should be seeing a Duplicates album.

Then you can merge the detected duplicates automatically as described here: Find and delete duplicate photos and videos on iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

This feature is only available in iOS 16.1 or later, and it may take several days or even weeks before the Duplicates album will appear.

How do I remove duplicate photos and videos from my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.