Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Phone not working properly after iOS 16.5.1 update

My iPhone 13 is all glitchy after I updated iOS a couple days ago.

Some email and messaging apps work, and the camera also works, but half of the apps won't open, including apps from apple, such as Weather. Siri is broken, and I can't use apple pay.

Many of the settings are also broken, for example, if I tap on App Store settings the app freezes.

I've tried restarting the phone multiple times and no changes.

I've tried reinstalled the glitched apps and the problem remains.

I even tried factory resetting my phone, but the phone freezes with the apple logo for hours, until I force restart the phone without finishing the reset.

I have plenty of storage available, so that's not the issue.

The phone was working great before the update.

I can't seem to find a solution online, so what can I do to fix this?

iPhone 13

Posted on Jul 13, 2023 7:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2023 7:50 AM

Not sure if you have already tried this, but if you have a backup of the phone that was done.....before.....you updated the phone, you can try to erase the phone and then reload the backup onto your phone.

No guarantees here of course, but might be worth a try since it worked wonders for my wife's phone when her phone was not running as smoothly as it was before the update was applied.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2023 7:50 AM in response to Dr-Veggie

Not sure if you have already tried this, but if you have a backup of the phone that was done.....before.....you updated the phone, you can try to erase the phone and then reload the backup onto your phone.

No guarantees here of course, but might be worth a try since it worked wonders for my wife's phone when her phone was not running as smoothly as it was before the update was applied.

Phone not working properly after iOS 16.5.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.