How can I determine the size of the band for an Apple Watch?

Posted on Jul 13, 2023 7:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2023 9:13 AM

A band you already own? Or a band you are intending to buy?

For a band you already own, measure the band's length directly, and convert the length to millimeters.

For a band you intend to buy, the length is displayed in the band's item page in the Apple online store. Bands can come in different sizes.

for example click here ➜ 45mm Bright Orange Sport Band - S/M - Apple

If you want to determine what size band fits you, use Apple's band measures tool to measure your wrist circumference and use that as the band size.

click here ➜ https://www.apple.com/shop/Catalog/US/Images/bxxd/size-guide_CA.pdf

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2023 9:13 AM in response to erosa1961

A band you already own? Or a band you are intending to buy?

For a band you already own, measure the band's length directly, and convert the length to millimeters.

For a band you intend to buy, the length is displayed in the band's item page in the Apple online store. Bands can come in different sizes.

for example click here ➜ 45mm Bright Orange Sport Band - S/M - Apple

If you want to determine what size band fits you, use Apple's band measures tool to measure your wrist circumference and use that as the band size.

click here ➜ https://www.apple.com/shop/Catalog/US/Images/bxxd/size-guide_CA.pdf

Jul 13, 2023 8:18 AM in response to erosa1961

Hello erosa1961,

Apple Watch:

1. Open Settings
  2. Tap General
  3. Tap About
  4. Find the Model number

iPhone:

1. Open Watch
  2. Tap General
  3. Tap About
  4. Find the Model number

Once you have the model number, you can refer to: Identify your Apple Watch - Apple Support

For example, for an Apple Watch Series 8:

41mm case (Model: A2770)
45mm case (Model: A2771)

That model number will tell you what case size you have. From there you'll be able to search for bands that are compatible.

Additionally if you use the Apple Store app on iPhone:

1. Open Apple Store
  2. Tap For You
  3. Find your Apple Watch
  4. Tap Shop accessories and more

This should filter by all accessories compatible with your Apple Watch (including bands)!

If you're talking about the band itself, most (if not all), will have some marking on the inside of the band either signifying a size (S, M, L) or what case they're compatible with. For example, my Graphite Milanese Loop band says 45mm case on the inside of it.

I hope this helps!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.