Workout

I’ve recorded my workout as a run instead of a walk. How can I fix it?

Posted on Jul 13, 2023 8:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2023 11:07 AM

Hello Dillydaydream70,

Unfortunately, I don't believe there is a way to convert the workout to run from walk. You can go through the Health app and remove the walking data that was recorded and add a workout to running, but I don't believe this counts towards your rings.

1. Open Health
  2. Tap Browse
  3. Tap Activity
  4. Find and tap on Workouts
  5. Tap Add Data
    1. Make sure Activity Type is Running
    2. Set the other data per your run (calories, distance, start, and end time)
  6. Back in the Workouts section, scroll to the bottom and tap Show All Data

You can tap on each recorded set of data to make sure you select/remove the right workout. Once you find it, either swipe to the right and tap Delete or tap Edit at the top right, tap the minus icon, then tap Delete.

Siri can start workouts for you if you feel you might tap the wrong option again. If you accidentally tap the wrong option, just stop the workout immediately! If not much time has progress (no calories burned or distance added), the workout won't be added. Meaning you can just start a new workout!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2023 11:07 AM in response to Dillydaydream70

Hello Dillydaydream70,

Unfortunately, I don't believe there is a way to convert the workout to run from walk. You can go through the Health app and remove the walking data that was recorded and add a workout to running, but I don't believe this counts towards your rings.

1. Open Health
  2. Tap Browse
  3. Tap Activity
  4. Find and tap on Workouts
  5. Tap Add Data
    1. Make sure Activity Type is Running
    2. Set the other data per your run (calories, distance, start, and end time)
  6. Back in the Workouts section, scroll to the bottom and tap Show All Data

You can tap on each recorded set of data to make sure you select/remove the right workout. Once you find it, either swipe to the right and tap Delete or tap Edit at the top right, tap the minus icon, then tap Delete.

Siri can start workouts for you if you feel you might tap the wrong option again. If you accidentally tap the wrong option, just stop the workout immediately! If not much time has progress (no calories burned or distance added), the workout won't be added. Meaning you can just start a new workout!

Workout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.