Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airpods pro 2nd version - Findmy option not working for case.

Hi everyone,

Need some help from you apple users community.

Last week, I purchased the Airpods pro 2nd version from Amazon.

The noise cancellation, transparency modes work well alongwith Spatial audio.

The issue comes when I go to findmy app and try to play sound on the case or use precision finding in the case which are the features because of which I purchased them.

Now after spending close to 8 hours with Apple care team on phone, wherein my issue got escalated to 3 different senior team members but none got back to me with a resolution.

I have been disappointed with the features not working so I visited the service centre thrice and they updated firm ware and tried many many times resetting the pods but nothing worked.

They mentioned that many users are facing this issue and as case speaker is playing sound on putting in charge so this is a software glitch because of which they cannot replace them and apple doesn't consider this as a major issue so I will need to wait for updates while this happens.

I want to get them exchanged or return it to Amazon but Amazon team wont accept the return until I get a DENIAL REPORT from Apple team and Apple doesnt consider this as a hardware flaw to provide this.

My objective to write here, is to check if others are also facing an issue like me or the apple team is just giving an excuse for not to replace.

And yes, I did a mistake of buying from Amazon rather than buying from Apple stores which I did for my iPad and iphone.

Any help or info would help.

Thank you,

Regards,

Eric

AirPods Pro (2nd generation)

Posted on Jul 13, 2023 10:57 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jul 13, 2023 10:41 PM in response to Eric-b1987

Hi Eric-b1987

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Wondering if the device(s) you use the AirPods with is (are) updated to the newest compatible version(s).

and

if Apple Support's online video might have anything to offer.

(Seems there may be a "knack" in getting it all to work successfully?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Hapjol4iOE

________

Resource:

AirPods User Guide - Apple Support

More support . info. if needed:

AirPods Support Website:

Find all the topics, resources, and contact options you need for your AirPods....

AirPods Support - Official Apple Support

All the best :-)

Airpods pro 2nd version - Findmy option not working for case.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.