Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

New payment method

I am trying to update my visa card since mine has expired. It will not let me what am I doing wrong?

Posted on Jul 13, 2023 2:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2023 2:15 PM

See this article about updating payment methods on various platforms (iPhone, Mac, etc.): If you need to change or update your Apple ID payment method - Apple Support

"If you change your address, the credit or debit card information that you use with your Apple ID might be automatically updated by your financial institution, and you don't need to take action. But if there's an issue [such as you having a subscription or being a Family Sharing Organizer], add a new card first, then remove the old card."

If you are having problems doing something it helps to say exactly what you are trying to do, why you can't do it, and any error messages you are seeing.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2023 2:15 PM in response to Zap2016

See this article about updating payment methods on various platforms (iPhone, Mac, etc.): If you need to change or update your Apple ID payment method - Apple Support

"If you change your address, the credit or debit card information that you use with your Apple ID might be automatically updated by your financial institution, and you don't need to take action. But if there's an issue [such as you having a subscription or being a Family Sharing Organizer], add a new card first, then remove the old card."

If you are having problems doing something it helps to say exactly what you are trying to do, why you can't do it, and any error messages you are seeing.

New payment method

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.