Apple Watch won’t charge and it has the red lightening and time appear. I’ve tried to force it to turn off and it won’t do that

my Apple Watch won’t charge on the charger. I’ve tried to force it to completely turn off like it said and it won’t do that. The red lightening bolt just appears and then goes away. Not sure what the issue is

Apple Watch Series 3

Posted on Jul 13, 2023 7:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 13, 2023 8:23 PM

Hello!

I have seen the similar problem with my Series 1 Apple Watch I used. This is most likely due to the internal lithium ion battery being so degraded that the device cannot turn on.

What to do

1. Try a different charger If your Apple Watch won't charge or it won't turn on - Apple Support
  2. Contact Apple Support &/or Visit an authorized repair center or Apple Retail Store

If the battery is the problem with the device, the cost to service it with Apple is 79$ USD without tax.

Hope that helps,

Adin

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 13, 2023 8:23 PM in response to msusanmeyer71

Hello!

I have seen the similar problem with my Series 1 Apple Watch I used. This is most likely due to the internal lithium ion battery being so degraded that the device cannot turn on.

What to do

1. Try a different charger If your Apple Watch won't charge or it won't turn on - Apple Support
  2. Contact Apple Support &/or Visit an authorized repair center or Apple Retail Store

If the battery is the problem with the device, the cost to service it with Apple is 79$ USD without tax.

Hope that helps,

Adin

Apple Watch won’t charge and it has the red lightening and time appear. I’ve tried to force it to turn off and it won’t do that

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.