Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Please I want to change my payment method on my iPhone as my other card is expired

I want to change my payment method on my iPhone as the previous one expired before I got a new card

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 14, 2023 2:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2023 5:27 AM

You can have a credit card / debit card on file and an Apple Account balance.

If you have set your Apple Account balance as your default payment method, your default payment method will be used first by Apple when you need to make a payment.

Some purchases might require you to have a credit card on file, even if you use your Apple Account balance to make the purchase.

See the following Apple articles:

If you need to change or update your Apple ID payment method

If you need to change or update your Apple ID payment method - Apple Support

Add a payment method to your Apple ID

Add a payment method to your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

• if you want to use your Apple Account balance, you need to set your Apple Account balance as your default payment.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2023 5:27 AM in response to Annabelmerit

You can have a credit card / debit card on file and an Apple Account balance.

If you have set your Apple Account balance as your default payment method, your default payment method will be used first by Apple when you need to make a payment.

Some purchases might require you to have a credit card on file, even if you use your Apple Account balance to make the purchase.

See the following Apple articles:

If you need to change or update your Apple ID payment method

If you need to change or update your Apple ID payment method - Apple Support

Add a payment method to your Apple ID

Add a payment method to your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

• if you want to use your Apple Account balance, you need to set your Apple Account balance as your default payment.

Please I want to change my payment method on my iPhone as my other card is expired

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.