I need to reset my Apple Watch

I have an Apple Watch that has to be factory reset it’s mines but my boyfriend was using it and now doesn’t want it any longer. How can I reset the watch so I can use it

Posted on Jul 14, 2023 6:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2023 8:06 PM

Activation Lock is designed to prevent anyone else from using an Apple Watch if it's ever lost or stolen.

About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Activation Lock is an anti-theft feature that cannot be bypassed. Only the previous user can remove the lock by using their Apple ID & password. If the previous user cannot or will not remove the lock, then the watch is useless to you or anyone else.

If you are the ORIGINAL owner, then see the 'Start a support request' section in:

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2023 8:06 PM in response to MRamos2934

Activation Lock is designed to prevent anyone else from using an Apple Watch if it's ever lost or stolen.

About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Activation Lock is an anti-theft feature that cannot be bypassed. Only the previous user can remove the lock by using their Apple ID & password. If the previous user cannot or will not remove the lock, then the watch is useless to you or anyone else.

If you are the ORIGINAL owner, then see the 'Start a support request' section in:

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

I need to reset my Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.