recovery key

how can I get a new recovery key, because I can't see the "request a new code" and I do have two verfication thing but also this.

(I logged out of the account and I can't seem to log back in)

Apple Watch Series 3

Posted on Jul 14, 2023 8:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2023 8:52 PM

- If you forget your Apple ID password and do not know your recovery key, you can try to regain access using your trusted device protected by a passcode.

- "You can [then] generate a new recovery key from Settings or System Preferences on a trusted device signed in with your Apple ID." See the article for details about how to do this on different types of equipment (Apple equipment only).

- When you generate a recovery key, you can't use the standard procedure for account recovery as outlined in this support article --> How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support .

- "Using a recovery key is more secure, but it means that you’re responsible for maintaining access to your trusted devices and your recovery key. If you lose both of these items, you could be locked out of your account permanently."

- Read the article for more details.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2023 8:52 PM in response to jonaknip

- If you forget your Apple ID password and do not know your recovery key, you can try to regain access using your trusted device protected by a passcode.

- "You can [then] generate a new recovery key from Settings or System Preferences on a trusted device signed in with your Apple ID." See the article for details about how to do this on different types of equipment (Apple equipment only).

- When you generate a recovery key, you can't use the standard procedure for account recovery as outlined in this support article --> How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support .

- "Using a recovery key is more secure, but it means that you’re responsible for maintaining access to your trusted devices and your recovery key. If you lose both of these items, you could be locked out of your account permanently."

- Read the article for more details.

recovery key

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.