My device is locked and I am unable to reset

This is my Apple Watch

i am not able to impair my watch with earlier phone as I have changed phone and older device got reformatted. My watch is now showing locked and I’ve tried all solutions in support page and not been able to log in the watch to setup and pair with my new iPhone, can help pls? Even switch not able to help

Apple Watch Series 4

Posted on Jul 14, 2023 8:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2023 2:42 AM

If you have only one Apple ID and it does not show your Apple Watch then it might be successfully removed from Activation Lock, but not yet fully erased in the watch itself. If your watch will cooperate, try this.

Press and hold the Digital Crown and the Side Button (together) about 10-15 seconds until the white Apple logo appears. This will completely reboot the watch and avoids conflicts in memory.

When the watch has restarted, try to follow the Lost Passcode process to erase the watch

If you forgot your Apple Watch passcode - Apple Support

If that doesn't help, please post back to tell us the exact words on your watch screen and/or on your iPhone. Don't try to interpret to say "it is locked" - just tell us what you see with your eyes. (If it is not in English, please add as close a translation as you can manage). If it is easier, get a photo!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2023 2:42 AM in response to Subamalar

If you have only one Apple ID and it does not show your Apple Watch then it might be successfully removed from Activation Lock, but not yet fully erased in the watch itself. If your watch will cooperate, try this.

Press and hold the Digital Crown and the Side Button (together) about 10-15 seconds until the white Apple logo appears. This will completely reboot the watch and avoids conflicts in memory.

When the watch has restarted, try to follow the Lost Passcode process to erase the watch

If you forgot your Apple Watch passcode - Apple Support

If that doesn't help, please post back to tell us the exact words on your watch screen and/or on your iPhone. Don't try to interpret to say "it is locked" - just tell us what you see with your eyes. (If it is not in English, please add as close a translation as you can manage). If it is easier, get a photo!

Jul 15, 2023 3:18 AM in response to Subamalar

If the Apple Watch does not appear in your Apple ID list of devices it is likely to be linked to a different Apple ID. Have you ever used any other Apple IDs?

You can sign in to each of your Apple IDs at https://appleid.apple.com/ then check them individually.

If you can't remember the correct Apple ID and remove the watch from that account, then you will never be able to reset it and pair to a new iPhone.

Jul 16, 2023 2:26 AM in response to Branta_uk

No, I only used same Apple ID. But during the initial pairing activity, something went wrong and I guess I may have deleted or erased something wrongly and so it’s missing in the Apple ID, I am not sure if Apple support would be able to retrieve back from their system and help here though. It’s unfair to let me hanging here looking for help myself and not been able to use my watch anymore :(

My device is locked and I am unable to reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.