I need help entering my App Store

My finger print is not working for my Apple Store, I would like to use my password from my email to do so. iPhone tablet model.A1822

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Jul 14, 2023 10:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2023 12:14 AM

Re: "I need help entering my App Store"

Apple support have an article online (link below) that may help:

What to do:

If you can't open the App Store or iTunes Store, buy content, or edit payment information - Apple Support

Wondering if you are signed in (to your iPad) with your Apple ID, as that may also help..

How to: Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Re: "My finger print is not working for my Apple Store, I would like to use my password from my email to do so".

Seems there is is no way to use your eMail password for the App Store.

You can, however, check or change the settings you have for using the App store:

Manage App Store purchases, subscriptions, settings, and restrictions on iPad - Apple Support

Also : What to do: If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

A1822 on the iPad is 5th generation iPad: first on sale in 2017

has Touch ID : Fingerprint identity sensor built into the Home button

If you haven't already, seems your iPad OS version could be updated to iOS 16 if you wish.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2023 12:14 AM in response to Kwashington18

Re: "I need help entering my App Store"

Apple support have an article online (link below) that may help:

What to do:

If you can't open the App Store or iTunes Store, buy content, or edit payment information - Apple Support

Wondering if you are signed in (to your iPad) with your Apple ID, as that may also help..

How to: Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Re: "My finger print is not working for my Apple Store, I would like to use my password from my email to do so".

Seems there is is no way to use your eMail password for the App Store.

You can, however, check or change the settings you have for using the App store:

Manage App Store purchases, subscriptions, settings, and restrictions on iPad - Apple Support

Also : What to do: If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

A1822 on the iPad is 5th generation iPad: first on sale in 2017

has Touch ID : Fingerprint identity sensor built into the Home button

If you haven't already, seems your iPad OS version could be updated to iOS 16 if you wish.

I need help entering my App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.