Iphone

I bought iphone 13 pro max with 1tb storage for my music. Every time I add music from iTunes it erases my entire library and I have clone from my old iphone. I don't want to use iTunes as there are a lot of songs missing. At the moment I have a very expensive paper weight.

Posted on Jul 14, 2023 9:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2023 10:58 PM

iTunes / Finder synchronization is designed to synchronize music from a library on a Mac or PC, downwards to music libraries on iPods, iPhones, and iPads.

If there are "a lot of songs missing" from the iTunes Library on your Mac or PC that you put on your old iPhone, using iTunes synchronization, that implies that you deleted the songs from your Mac or PC. You can re-import music from CD, and may be able to re-download iTunes Store purchases.

You do not have an "expensive paperweight."

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2023 10:58 PM in response to GingerCelt2327

iTunes / Finder synchronization is designed to synchronize music from a library on a Mac or PC, downwards to music libraries on iPods, iPhones, and iPads.

If there are "a lot of songs missing" from the iTunes Library on your Mac or PC that you put on your old iPhone, using iTunes synchronization, that implies that you deleted the songs from your Mac or PC. You can re-import music from CD, and may be able to re-download iTunes Store purchases.

You do not have an "expensive paperweight."

Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.