How can I download an app without payment because every time I download they automatically charge on my account

How can I download an app without payment!beacause eveytime I make dowloading it make chrge on my account!

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 14, 2023 11:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2023 11:39 PM

You may need to have a valid payment method on file, even if the app you want to download is free.

You can have a credit card / debit card on file and an Apple Account balance.

If you have set your Apple Account balance as your default payment method, your default payment method will be used first by Apple when you need to make a payment.

Some purchases might require you to have a credit card on file, even if you use your Apple Account balance to make the purchase.

See -> If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or iPad

If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support (UK)

scroll to point 2 & 3  ⤵️

Add a payment method

You may need to have a valid payment method on file, even if the app you want to download is free.

Add a payment method

Resolve a problem with your payment method

If your payment method has expired, declined or failed, or a message says "There is a Billing Problem with a Previous Purchase"

If you still need help, get support from Apple directly -> Get Support or call Apple in your region see -> Contact Apple for support and service or check -> here for more support and assistance.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2023 11:39 PM in response to Mimi28solanoy

You can have a credit card / debit card on file and an Apple Account balance.

If you have set your Apple Account balance as your default payment method, your default payment method will be used first by Apple when you need to make a payment.

Some purchases might require you to have a credit card on file, even if you use your Apple Account balance to make the purchase.

See -> If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or iPad

If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support (UK)

scroll to point 2 & 3  ⤵️

Add a payment method

Add a payment method

Resolve a problem with your payment method

If your payment method has expired, declined or failed, or a message says "There is a Billing Problem with a Previous Purchase"

If you still need help, get support from Apple directly -> Get Support or call Apple in your region see -> Contact Apple for support and service or check -> here for more support and assistance.

How can I download an app without payment because every time I download they automatically charge on my account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.