Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Icons on home screen

How to keep my icons from moving around on home screens by themselves on iphone 13. Do you have a way to lock the icons? I do not need them to move. I know how to move them if I want them moved, but they are moving by themselves.

iPhone 13, iOS 17

Posted on Jul 15, 2023 12:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2024 12:57 PM

The goal is not to very easily EXIT the task of editing the Home Screen. The goal is to not ENTER the task of editing the Home Screen in the first place. Surprising that a simple “lock the Home Screen” option is not available in iOS. There must be countless iPhone owners who retrieve their devices from their pocket only to see that editing the Home Screen is in process, or worse, a number of unintended changes have been made. Can these changes be undone? Sure. BUT … what a pain. HOW DIFFICULT COULD IT BE to enable or disable Home Screen editing in Settings ??

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2024 12:57 PM in response to johnnykannapolis

The goal is not to very easily EXIT the task of editing the Home Screen. The goal is to not ENTER the task of editing the Home Screen in the first place. Surprising that a simple “lock the Home Screen” option is not available in iOS. There must be countless iPhone owners who retrieve their devices from their pocket only to see that editing the Home Screen is in process, or worse, a number of unintended changes have been made. Can these changes be undone? Sure. BUT … what a pain. HOW DIFFICULT COULD IT BE to enable or disable Home Screen editing in Settings ??

Icons on home screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.