Newsroom Update

Today, Apple announced that from 2020 through 2023, the App Store prevented a total of over $7 billion in potentially fraudulent transactions. Learn more >

How to request a refund for unauthorized game purchases?

My 9 yr old used phone to buy over $1,000 of games in three days! These were unauthorized. Need Apple to refund these unauthorized items

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 15, 2023 7:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2023 7:33 AM

Hello Trfallsonplains9,

Please read the following support page to request refunds - Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple - Apple Support.

Please keep in mind some purchases are final.

If you can't request a refund on reportaproblem.apple.com
* If the charge is pending, you canʼt request a refund yet. After the charge goes through, try to request a refund again.
* If you have an unpaid order, you need to pay for that order before you request a refund. You might need to update your payment information.
* If you don't know why you were charged, review your family members' purchases. If you're the family organizer, tap or click the Apple ID button, then choose All. Purchases charged to your shared payment method appear.

I'd also recommend setting up Ask To Buy. This would prevent your child from purchasing anything without permission from you (your device) first - Approve what kids buy with Ask to Buy - Apple Support.

I hope this helps!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2023 7:33 AM in response to Trfallsonplains9

Hello Trfallsonplains9,

Please read the following support page to request refunds - Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple - Apple Support.

Please keep in mind some purchases are final.

If you can't request a refund on reportaproblem.apple.com
* If the charge is pending, you canʼt request a refund yet. After the charge goes through, try to request a refund again.
* If you have an unpaid order, you need to pay for that order before you request a refund. You might need to update your payment information.
* If you don't know why you were charged, review your family members' purchases. If you're the family organizer, tap or click the Apple ID button, then choose All. Purchases charged to your shared payment method appear.

I'd also recommend setting up Ask To Buy. This would prevent your child from purchasing anything without permission from you (your device) first - Approve what kids buy with Ask to Buy - Apple Support.

I hope this helps!

How to request a refund for unauthorized game purchases?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.