Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Portraits Watch Face Not Switching Pictures

I have a watch paired by a family member. I wanted a portrait watch face and realized that if I sent the watch face to me through another phone, I would be able to have the watch face on my watch. I was able to do that, and I have the watch face but the watch face will not switch pictures.

Apple Watch Series 8

Posted on Jul 15, 2023 9:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2023 9:59 AM

I suggest go into the Watch app, My Watch. Select the Portraits face and tap on the photos, view to see they all loaded correctly.

If that doesn't help I suggest reboot your Apple Watch just to be sure this is not some transient software glitch. Simply press and hold both the Digital Crown and the Side Button (together) until the white Apple logo appears, then release and let it restart.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2023 9:59 AM in response to AwesomeBillyBob

I suggest go into the Watch app, My Watch. Select the Portraits face and tap on the photos, view to see they all loaded correctly.

If that doesn't help I suggest reboot your Apple Watch just to be sure this is not some transient software glitch. Simply press and hold both the Digital Crown and the Side Button (together) until the white Apple logo appears, then release and let it restart.

Portraits Watch Face Not Switching Pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.