music library

I have Mac Book Air M1 running the latest version of Venture OSX and IPhone 11 running the latest version of IOS.

I created on Air Music app the library with various playlists and want to download it to my iPhone.

I connected the iPhone to the USB port of Air then opened the Music, chose the iPhone device and clicked on selected playlists and synced it. As long as the iPhone is connected to the Air its music shows those playlists. However when I disconnected the iPhone various playlists have disappeared and some show only some songs but not all.

i have tried it more than once with the same result.

I will appreciate it very much if someone could suggest the remedy

iPhone 11

Posted on Jul 15, 2023 12:06 PM

3 replies

Jul 15, 2023 5:03 PM in response to tmuldner

Are you absolutely positive that the files not appearing on the iPhone actually exist on your Air?

Music on Mac OS will show even when the files are missing. However, those files will not appear on the iPhone if they were not actually transferred to the phone.

Easiest way to check is to find a song on Music on the Air that did not sync, right click on the song and select "Show in Finder"

The other thing to check is the amount of storage space on the iPhone; does it have enough room to hold all of the songs you are trying to sync?

Jul 15, 2023 5:20 PM in response to KlytusLord

Yes, they exist- I Can play them etc.

strange thing is that my iPhone shows them but when I disconnect it and look at the Music->Library they are gone. The other strange symptom is that the LAST transférés playlist does show on the iPhone.

there is plenty of space on the iPhone.

I could make and attach screen dumps?

Thank you

music library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.