AirPods won’t connect to another device when paired with one

Hello,

I recently bought some AirPods Pro 2nd generation that I was going to use with an iPad Air and an iPhone 12 Pro, but I'm pulling my hair out over a pairing problem.

When I pair my AirPods to the iPhone, everything works perfectly, the iPhone sound comes out in the earphones. But when I then try to switch to hear the sound of the iPad (which should be possible, since both devices are registered with the same Apple ID), I can't connect the earphones to the iPad - it just keeps spinning endlessly in the audio devices list... Same thing if I pair the earphones to my iPad, everything works fine on my iPad, but I can't connect the earphones to my iPhone.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance !

AirPods Pro (2nd generation)

Posted on Jul 15, 2023 1:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2023 2:25 PM

The first place I would check on each device is Settings > Bluetooth then hit the (i) symbol next to your AirPods. See what they all show (top of the properties list) Connect to this [device name] .. Automatically / When Last Connected to this [device name]

4 replies

AirPods won’t connect to another device when paired with one

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.