Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Why does microsoft sharepoint keep asking for keychain access

Each time I start up my Mac and log in, a window pops up (about 100 times) saying "Microsoft SharePoint wants to use your confidential information stored in "OneDrive..." (see attached). None of the buttons helps (nor does entering my login password and then clicking "allow" or "always allow") - the window keeps popping right back up. Only clicking "deny" a hundred times finally gets rid of it. I don't even WANT to use Microsoft SharePoint - but I also cannot eliminate it from the login items - everytime I click the "-" sign to get rid of it and then restart, it is right back there (with the "hide" button checked). Anybody have an idea how to make this go away?

(This happens without starting ANY Microsoft 365 app - just logging into my MacBook Air running Monterrey 12.6.7)

MacBook Air (M1, 2020)

Posted on Jul 15, 2023 1:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2023 7:46 AM

Did you click "Always Allow" after putting in your password?

If you did, and it does not appear to solve the problem, you may need to remove Sharepoint and OneDrive from the startup items in Apple menu -> System Preferences -> Users and Groups.

It might be easier to just login your OneDrive manually after startup is complete.

Sometimes the Keychain can itself become corrupt, and you need to use Keychain Access utility in Applications -> Utilities to delete and add back the Keychain for those Microsoft items.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2023 7:46 AM in response to Sebastian Kuhn

Did you click "Always Allow" after putting in your password?

If you did, and it does not appear to solve the problem, you may need to remove Sharepoint and OneDrive from the startup items in Apple menu -> System Preferences -> Users and Groups.

It might be easier to just login your OneDrive manually after startup is complete.

Sometimes the Keychain can itself become corrupt, and you need to use Keychain Access utility in Applications -> Utilities to delete and add back the Keychain for those Microsoft items.

Why does microsoft sharepoint keep asking for keychain access

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.