Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How much would it be to replace the iPad battery?

I have an IPad Pro 1 generation. I think I need to replace the battery. How much would it be to replace the battery?

Sheryl

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Pro (1st generation)

Posted on Jul 15, 2023 10:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2023 11:17 AM

Hi,

You may want to have a look at the following article:

iPad Repair & Service - Apple Support

3 replies

Jul 16, 2023 1:20 PM in response to Hegottagirl31

An iPad battery replacement costs $99, plus tax.

That stated, you may end up needing to seek out a trustworthy, reliable third party repair center that states that it is fully qualified to repair iPads and NOT just iPhones.

Many third party mobile device repair centers may be able to do battery replacements and other iPhone repairs, but, in many cases, cannot do any battery replacements and other repairs on iPads.

So beware and do your due dilligence.

Apple Stores DO NOT repair iPads.

To expedite speedy customer service, Apple Stores ONLY do in/out of warranty iPad replacements.

Your 2015/2016, 1st gen iPad Pro will, most likely, be too old for the Apple Store to issue an iPad Pro, this old, as a replacement for the battery repair service and I do not believe Apple Store locations no longer have electronics repair expertise, in-house, in the store, to perform an actual iPad battery replacement.

Doing an iPad battery replacement service is much more involved than any iPhone battery replacement.

Do not think Apple Stores have the in-house electronics expertise, any longer, to do any in-house Apple product repairs, but I am NOT 100% sure about this.

So, you may not be able to get a battery replacement service done by Apple and will need to find a reputable and qualified third party repair service that is fully qualified in replacing batteries and other repairs of iPads.

Again, you may need to do some research into this.

Sorry & Good Luck to You!

How much would it be to replace the iPad battery?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.