Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

I forgot my apple ID for my iPad

got locked out of iPad because my daughter changed her password and forgot it. tried to restore it and now it won't let us.

iPad mini 2

Posted on Jul 16, 2023 7:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2023 8:00 AM

Check your web browser autofill entries, the Keychain, and other records, or use Apple's iForgot service, or contact their Account Security team, or if you're the unit's original owner, submit an unlock request as described in the Related Article above.

(241972)

2 replies

Jul 16, 2023 8:07 AM in response to eleni617

If you attempted to restore it without knowing the password then it's in activation lock. If it says "activation locked" then you'll need to fill out the online form for Apple to remove the Activation lock. This requires proof of purchase.

You will need to use the following article, review and click on the link at the end of the article to start the request.

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

I forgot my apple ID for my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.