Suspicious Email??

I received a suspicious-looking email claiming that I will receive a $100 promo bla bla. I beleive this is an obvious scam. However, the email address that it has been sent from looks kind of legit. So can you please confirm if the below is a scam email. Thanks :)

Posted on Jul 17, 2023 12:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2023 12:54 AM

that I will receive a $100 promo bla bla

Yes, it is a scam / phishing mail.

See the following Apple articles: 

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

⤵️

If you receive a suspicious email or SMS text message that looks like it's supposed to be from Apple, please email it to reportphishing@apple.com

How to report suspicious emails, messages, and calls

• If you receive a suspicious email that looks like it's supposed to be from Apple, please forward it to reportphishing@apple.com.1  
  • To report a suspicious SMS text message that looks like it's supposed to be from Apple, take a screenshot of the message and email the screenshot to reportphishing@apple.com.
  • To report spam or other suspicious emails that you receive in your iCloud.com, me.com, or mac.com Inbox, send them to abuse@icloud.com.
  • To report spam or other suspicious messages that you receive through Messages, tap Report Junk under the message. You can also block unwanted messages and calls.
  • Report scam phone calls to the Federal Trade Commission (U.S. only) at reportfraud.ftc.gov or to your local law enforcement agency.

After you reported, delete the message and see -> Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

-----

To keep your Apple ID account secure, see the following Apple articles:  

See who has access to your device or accounts

See who has access to your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support (UK)

Delete suspicious content from your devices -> Delete suspicious content from your devices – Apple Support (UK)

Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in

Check your Apple ID device list to find where you're signed in - Apple Support

• if you see devices that don't belong to you, delete from your account.

Personal Safety User Guide -> Personal Safety User Guide – Apple Support (UK)

Manage and use your Apple ID ->Manage and use your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

Never jailbroken your iPhone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2023 12:54 AM in response to PurpleGirl88

that I will receive a $100 promo bla bla

Yes, it is a scam / phishing mail.

See the following Apple articles: 

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

⤵️

If you receive a suspicious email or SMS text message that looks like it's supposed to be from Apple, please email it to reportphishing@apple.com

How to report suspicious emails, messages, and calls

• If you receive a suspicious email that looks like it's supposed to be from Apple, please forward it to reportphishing@apple.com.1  
  • To report a suspicious SMS text message that looks like it's supposed to be from Apple, take a screenshot of the message and email the screenshot to reportphishing@apple.com.
  • To report spam or other suspicious emails that you receive in your iCloud.com, me.com, or mac.com Inbox, send them to abuse@icloud.com.
  • To report spam or other suspicious messages that you receive through Messages, tap Report Junk under the message. You can also block unwanted messages and calls.
  • Report scam phone calls to the Federal Trade Commission (U.S. only) at reportfraud.ftc.gov or to your local law enforcement agency.

After you reported, delete the message and see -> Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

-----

To keep your Apple ID account secure, see the following Apple articles:  

See who has access to your device or accounts

See who has access to your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support (UK)

Delete suspicious content from your devices -> Delete suspicious content from your devices – Apple Support (UK)

Check your Apple ID device list to see where you're signed in

Check your Apple ID device list to find where you're signed in - Apple Support

• if you see devices that don't belong to you, delete from your account.

Personal Safety User Guide -> Personal Safety User Guide – Apple Support (UK)

Manage and use your Apple ID ->Manage and use your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

Never jailbroken your iPhone.

Suspicious Email??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.