I’ve enabled a 3 month Apple TV trial but it is asking for a verification code. It isn’t coming through to my messages or my email. Where do I find that code?

I’ve enabled a 3 month trial of Apple TV on my tv but it is asking me to enter a verification code. That code is not coming through via email or text. Where do I find that code?

Posted on Jul 17, 2023 5:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2023 11:20 AM

A verification code for two-factor authentication will be send to your “trusted devices”. If you have an iPhone, iPad, or Mac registered with the same Apple ID account, then those would get a pop-up notification. Without trusted Apple devices, an SMS text message would be send to your “trusted phone number”, as you have supplied for your Apple ID account setup.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

Manage you Apple ID (Sign-in and security﹥Account security) - Apple

On iPhone, iPad, or Mac with the matching Apple ID, users can request a new verification code at any time, superseding what was (intended to be) send earlier.

On the device that wants the code, there could be an option for Didn't Get a Code (e.g. if your iPad or Mac is not with you), to request a code to be send to a trusted phone number instead.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2023 11:20 AM in response to mklake

A verification code for two-factor authentication will be send to your “trusted devices”. If you have an iPhone, iPad, or Mac registered with the same Apple ID account, then those would get a pop-up notification. Without trusted Apple devices, an SMS text message would be send to your “trusted phone number”, as you have supplied for your Apple ID account setup.

Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

Manage you Apple ID (Sign-in and security﹥Account security) - Apple

On iPhone, iPad, or Mac with the matching Apple ID, users can request a new verification code at any time, superseding what was (intended to be) send earlier.

On the device that wants the code, there could be an option for Didn't Get a Code (e.g. if your iPad or Mac is not with you), to request a code to be send to a trusted phone number instead.

I’ve enabled a 3 month Apple TV trial but it is asking for a verification code. It isn’t coming through to my messages or my email. Where do I find that code?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.