Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Purchased an Album form iTunes in 2016 but part of album is missing

I purchased an album in 2016 and I'm no longer able to download the entire album. I am able to download 4 of 10 songs. However, the remainder of the album does not appear at all or give an option to download the missing music. I've done all the suggested fixes(sync, unhide, etc) but I'm still unable to find my missing tracks. I've contacted iTunes help and made a request 3 times and have yet to get a response. So, I guess, Apple sells you digital music and then when the don't or can't license it anymore it's the consume's loss. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Jul 17, 2023 7:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2023 5:06 AM

JWill, The ability to re-download a past purchase is (and has always been) contingent on the current availability of the track in the iTunes Store. However, if you have any copy of the songs you bought in 2016 - in a backup, a copy, Trash/Recycle, on an old computer - you can get it and re-add it to your library.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2023 5:06 AM in response to jwill213

JWill, The ability to re-download a past purchase is (and has always been) contingent on the current availability of the track in the iTunes Store. However, if you have any copy of the songs you bought in 2016 - in a backup, a copy, Trash/Recycle, on an old computer - you can get it and re-add it to your library.

Purchased an Album form iTunes in 2016 but part of album is missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.