Why won't Apple fix the issues with it's HDMI port?

The HDMI port on the mac mini is very flaky. You may get it to work by jumping through a bunch of hoops, but it will be flaky and randomly stop working. Apple has known about this issue for over 5 years. There are hundreds of posts about this, and yet it never gets fixed.

What do we have to do to get this fixed?

Mac mini (2018)

Posted on Jul 17, 2023 12:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2023 8:07 AM

I found a post on another site that suggested that apple's HDMI doesn't work well with HDR color settings on HDMI devices. I turned off the dynamic HDR color setting and now my HDMI connection seems less flaky.

It's odd that there was no mention of this in the Apple Community. This is really something that Apple should make more clear

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2023 8:07 AM in response to mc8

I found a post on another site that suggested that apple's HDMI doesn't work well with HDR color settings on HDMI devices. I turned off the dynamic HDR color setting and now my HDMI connection seems less flaky.

It's odd that there was no mention of this in the Apple Community. This is really something that Apple should make more clear

Jul 18, 2023 11:24 AM in response to mc8

What do we have to do to get this fixed?

Posting here won't accomplish anything. Apple will not see your issue among hundreds of thousands of posts here. This is a community of end users like you. We are grossly under-qualifies to answer, "Why won't Apple..." questions."

If you want Apple to be aware of this, the only channel outside of a business letter to HQ is a product feedback link. This one is for your Mini:

Feedback - Mac mini - Apple

Jul 18, 2023 8:23 AM in response to mc8

What display do you have?

(brand and model #)

What HDMI cable are you using?

(long cheap HDMI cables only work for low res. TVs)

If you are using the display supplied HDMI cable?

(test a short Premium Certified HDMI cable)

Or......... if your display also supports DisplayPort input?

(test a 4K or better USB-C to DisplayPort cable)

Why won't Apple fix the issues with it's HDMI port?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.