Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

sim card lock

how do i unlock my sim card on a different device as my original phone is broken?

Posted on Jul 17, 2023 2:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2023 2:50 PM

In most cases the SIM unlock code can be obtained by visiting the cell providers website. It the unlock code is entered wrong too many times, it will ask for the PUK code to unlock. This may also be available from the website. Be careful though, if the PUK code is entered wrong too many times, it will destroy your SIM card, which will then need to be replaced.

In all cases the information you need can only be provided by the company offering the cell service.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2023 2:50 PM in response to pippin2003

In most cases the SIM unlock code can be obtained by visiting the cell providers website. It the unlock code is entered wrong too many times, it will ask for the PUK code to unlock. This may also be available from the website. Be careful though, if the PUK code is entered wrong too many times, it will destroy your SIM card, which will then need to be replaced.

In all cases the information you need can only be provided by the company offering the cell service.

sim card lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.