Wi-Fi on Iphone 6 not accepting my password

My TV is using the correct Wi-Fi address, but my phone won't accept my password to use it. I've changed my password a few times, but still no. How can I get logged on to the correct Wi-Fi?

Posted on Jul 17, 2023 6:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2023 7:00 PM

sarmstc Said:

"Wi-Fi on Iphone 6 not accepting my password: My TV is using the correct Wi-Fi address, but my phone won't accept my password to use it. I've changed my password a few times, but still no. How can I get logged on to the correct Wi-Fi?"

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone WiFi not Working:

Try The Following the the Order Provided:

I. Start Here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t Connect to a Wi-Fi Network - Apple Support

II. What Else to Try:

A. Restarting the iPhone:

If any changes were made (i.e. Installed Apps), then Settings (i.e Wf-Fi), may have become manipulated technically. So, try restarting the iPhone:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Shut Down
  4. Slide: Your Finger to the Right

B. Disable Cellular:

Try disabling Cellular, and using Wi-Fi instead, seeing if that makes all the difference. Cellular always overrules Wi-Fi.

C. Try manually restarting your iPhone:

2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More
10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 17, 2023 7:00 PM in response to sarmstc

sarmstc Said:

"Wi-Fi on Iphone 6 not accepting my password: My TV is using the correct Wi-Fi address, but my phone won't accept my password to use it. I've changed my password a few times, but still no. How can I get logged on to the correct Wi-Fi?"

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone WiFi not Working:

Try The Following the the Order Provided:

I. Start Here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t Connect to a Wi-Fi Network - Apple Support

II. What Else to Try:

A. Restarting the iPhone:

If any changes were made (i.e. Installed Apps), then Settings (i.e Wf-Fi), may have become manipulated technically. So, try restarting the iPhone:

2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Shut Down
  4. Slide: Your Finger to the Right

B. Disable Cellular:

Try disabling Cellular, and using Wi-Fi instead, seeing if that makes all the difference. Cellular always overrules Wi-Fi.

C. Try manually restarting your iPhone:

2. Select: General
  3. Scroll to: the Very Bottom
  4. Select: Shut Down
  5. Slide Finger: to the Right
  6. Wait: 30 Seconds
  7. Power One: the iPhone
  8. Try this Once More

Jul 18, 2023 11:35 AM in response to sarmstc

sarmstc Said:

"Wi-Fi on Iphone 6 not accepting my password: It's worked before on my IPhone 6. Still working on my TV. Can't delete the network I want to use."

-------

Ridding of Undesired Items:

As a last result...

Set this Up Anew:

If you cannot get this to operate as desired, then backup whatever need be, and then reset your iPhone, as if you were to sell it. Perform as instructed here, including the iCloud logout and backup creation: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Jul 18, 2023 7:48 AM in response to sarmstc

sarmstc Said:

"Wi-Fi on Iphone 6 not accepting my password: Thank you for all your suggestions. Nothing is working. I’ve tried all of their ideas listed. Phone is still not accepting my current logon.

———-

You are welcome.

Three more things…

• Make sure SSID is being broadcasted.

• Has your iPhone worked on the network before?

• Delete the network on your iPhone, and then add it back

Jul 18, 2023 7:40 AM in response to sarmstc

Have you ever been able to connect this phone to this WiFi network? Older iPhones could be quite persnickety about connecting to certain WiFi networks.

Have you tried forgetting the network on your iPhone and then reconnecting? Have you tried powering off the router for a couple of minutes then powering it back on? What type of security are you using on the WiFi network?

Also, try Settings>General>Transfer or Reset iPhone>Reset>Reset Network Settings. This will delete all of the saved WiFi passwords on your phone but nothing else.

Wi-Fi on Iphone 6 not accepting my password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.