Will Apple replace my charger cause mine stopped working.

So I broke my charger I I don’t know why but I was vacuuming my house when I ran over my charger🫤 and that’s when my charger broke so I hope I can get a replacement also if this matters I’m on iPhone7 and do I need apple care for a replacement?

Posted on Jul 17, 2023 10:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 17, 2023 11:19 PM

they will if it's under warranty and they judge it stopped working because of a production defect rather than user handling

Legal - Hardware Warranties - Apple

otherwise you need to buy a new charger yourself

Power & Cables - iPhone Accessories - Apple

3 replies

Jul 23, 2023 9:09 AM in response to Aaron_2234

Just so you understand. Your power adapter came with a one-year limited hardware warranty that only covers manufacturing defects. Regardless, an Apple Technician would need to examine the adapter to verify that it is.

You stated that you ran over it with a vacuum, which subsequently damaged it ... that's not a manufacturing defect. Just be prepared to get a replacement adapter at full cost to you. However, you may find the Apple Store employee sympathetic to your situation. You won't know until you pay a visit to the store.

You don't need AppleCare+, but in this situation, you may find that you can get the replacement adapter at a lower cost.

Will Apple replace my charger cause mine stopped working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.