Saving text messages from my iMac messenger to word or PDF

How do I save a very long text message thread (2 years worth) from my iMac messages on my computer to word or PDF?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Jul 17, 2023 10:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2023 3:38 AM

Hi,

Following method could help your question.

With the name of the sender or group selected, simply go to the File menu, choose Print, and select Save As PDF from the PDF dropdown menu at the bottom of the window. Mac will create and open the file for you — you can then save it to a location of your choice.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2023 3:38 AM in response to Stannoo

Hi,

Following method could help your question.

With the name of the sender or group selected, simply go to the File menu, choose Print, and select Save As PDF from the PDF dropdown menu at the bottom of the window. Mac will create and open the file for you — you can then save it to a location of your choice.

Jul 18, 2023 10:43 AM in response to Stannoo

An individual text message item with a right-click on it can be copied to the clipboard and the text pasted into Word. Also, Word 16.31 and later can open a PDF and convert it into Word .docx, but due to the formatting in the creation of the print to PDF process in the Messages application, the resulting .docx conversion may not be to your liking.

Saving text messages from my iMac messenger to word or PDF

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.